Saturday, July 14, 2007

Today is going to be such a busy day. I have to get ready for about 25 people coming over tomorrow for what is jokingly called the "forced fellowship meetings" from church. Also I have a birthday party this afternoon and I need to go and do the major grocery shopping for the week. So this will be my moment to sit a bit and then I got to get to cracking the whip! (wonder what kind of google searches that will bring up..)


So anyway. I hope these posts on our church don't come across like I'm going to go into the build up of how great our church is. That can be so discouraging to those who are still out there looking for a decent church that at least somewhat supports their family. I remember reading other people talking about their great church in like Texas or somewhere and thinking "Well, that's great for you..." Rather it is about God, (Who isn't just limited to Texas :) and how He took all these seemingly unrelated threads and tied them all together in one place.

"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me." Psalm 138:8

I actually didn't even consider that we would find a church that was liturgical, had more regular communion (let alone with real wine, let alone every week.) was family integrated during the service, home school friendly, large family friendly, hymn singing, community oriented...I would have laughed if you said I would find those things and especially not in our area. Oregon? No way.

Now I have to get the girls ready for the birthday party. I still have to menu plan for next week, clean the bathrooms, catch up on laundry, clean up my room and office (Last time we had fellowship meetings I left the upstairs a mess thinking nobody would go up there and all the kids ended upstairs on the computer.) and S. and I are going to go do the grocery shopping. Oh yeah. And dust. My an old house can sure make the dust! Ta Ta For Now.

No comments: