Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Where have I been?
I don't know. But where ever it was, I sure am tired from it.

We had a good Christmas. I hope you did too. We spent it with some dear friends, played games, ate and talked. Since we had 4 pies to bake that day and 4 little boys to clean up and get ready to go, S. and I made the executive decision that we would not open family gifts that day. We didn't want to feel rushed. So we did that Sat. That was nice too. It is fun to watch the kids get gifts for each other. O. bought S. a Hershey Bar for her stocking the week before-with his own money, no less. He was just bursting with pride over that. All week he'd ask her "Do you like Hershey Bars?" And she would laugh and say "Oh yes, O, I like Hershey Bars." I was so cute. He was just so pleased when she opened it and acted all surprised. Funny guy.


We also had some dear friends over for New Years. And we had played games, ate and talked. Surprise, surprise. Well the real surprise is that we not only made it up to the New Year, but to 3:00! It was a lot of fun. I think my face ached from laughing.

Now I'm packing away all the Christmas stuff and I'm rather happy to get the house back to normal. December just seemed like unending interruptions so I'm really trying to get everyone back on track with school work and things. It isn't easy to regroup after so much going on. The little boys have been left to their own devises a little much, I'm afraid.

Now I'm feeling a little melancholy with the rain. It just comes down and down in one long unending cold plop. Yes, I know. I like the rain. But lately I've been thinking it wouldn't be so bad if it could just dry up for a day or two. Maybe it's just that I got the Pride and Prejudice piano music book for S. and she seems to pick the melancholy pieces to play.
Wouldn't a nice walk in a sunny garden be nice right now?
Oh, and by the way. On a completely different note-could somebody please tell the Republican Party that "Ronald Reagan isn't coming back!"
I think they might be a little confused on that point.
Thanks.

7 comments:

LynAC said...

Yep. Glad to have you back!

Anonymous said...

He's NOT??????!!!! Bummer. :)

Glad to see you're back. I know the feeling of trying to get back to "normal" life. *sigh*

Joyce said...

Hi, Kerri,
So nice to hear about "goings on" in your neck of the woods again. :)

I love the beautiful painting you posted.

Roberta said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas and New Years. All night games...fun!

That was a good idea, opening your gifts not on Christmas, to not feel rushed. We were just home, but it seemed crazy. I wonder if opening even 1/2 of them the night before would help relieve some of the chaos.

kerri @ gladoil said...

I know Susan, makes one wanna cry, huh.

Marbel said...

Yes, good to have you back. I knew you'd comment about Hillary. :-)

Sounds like a nice Christmas and New Years!

kerri @ gladoil said...

Were you trying to provoke me? :)
kidding.